Join the BC Chapter of the American Marketing Association today, and expand your network and knowledge amongst North America’s top marketers.
With a diverse membership base, expert-lead programming, and access to the American Marketing Association’s rich catalogue of resources – the BCAMA offers everything you need to take your career in marketing to the next level.
The above link will take you to the American Marketing Association’s membership signup page.
We exist for two key reasons:
- To connect with BC’s marketing community, a network that is rich with people, ideas, and career opportunities
- To advance the people within this industry, in life, careers, and education
And our offering does just that – providing you opportunities for connection and advancement on a personal and professional level.
Membership provides access to:
- The network: a membership base of marketing professionals, from diverse industries and backgrounds – both in BC and across North America
- The programming: discounts on educational, social, and professional development events throughout the year
- The resources: access to the wealth of information available through the AMA, including international publication subscriptions (two free with your membership), news, case studies, reports, and more.
ACCESS IT ALL
Number of Members:
300+ as of Dec 2016 – a large base enhanced by non-member attendees as our programming is open to all
Composition of Membership Base:
70% Professional Marketers, 30% Students – providing opportunities for both senior level connections and mentorship with aspiring professionals
Our membership base includes leaders in the advertising, education, financial services, hospitality/event management, governmental, manufacturing, non-profit, real estate, retail, technology, telecommunications, travel & tourism, energy sectors and more.
Years in a Marketing Role:
At least 39% of our members are Senior Marketing Professionals (10+ years), with a wealth of experience to share in our conferences and social gatherings.
We have representation from BC’s top executives and academics in agency, client-side, media and digital roles.
In a calendar year, we offer (on average):
- Four Thought Leadership Series, breakfast/lunch sessions that feature speakers and panels discussing key marketing trends and insights
- Four Socials that bring our members together for networking (and fun!)
- One Education Series event, with a focus on professional development and workshopping with some of BC’s top creative minds
- One Vision Conference, a one-day, thought leadership and interactive learning event focused on the ideation behind the innovation
- One Marketer of the Year Gala, celebrating outstanding marketing strategy in our industry over the past year
- A Senior Executive Program developed to bring together British Columbia’s most senior and most talented marketers across a broad range of disciplines and industries for the purposes of networking, business development and thought leadership
- Your BCAMA membership provides a discounted rate for all programming, saving you up to 33% on each event
As a part of the American Marketing Association, you will have access to one of the world’s top professional organizations with approx. 38,000 members. Take advantage of the wealth of resources available, including:
- Over $150 USD in free International Subscriptions to the following publications:
• Marketing News – AMA’s magazine will keep you informed about the latest news and changes in the ever-shifting marketing industry. You’ll find insightful and up-to-date coverage of trends relating to technology and globalization. And you’ll stay informed about changes in the industry relating to current economic, regulatory, and legislative developments.
• Your choice of another AMA publication:
– Marketing Management Magazine – for truly effective strategies
– Marketing Research Magazine – to uncover trends and methodologies
– Marketing Health Services Magazine – for the healthcare marketer
– Journal of Marketing – covering a myriad of concepts, methods and applications
– Journal of International Marketing – explore global issues with reports on new trends and tactics
– Journal of Public Policy and Marketing – to discuss the world of business and government
- Member-Only Content, explore the hundreds of the latest articles and research by topic, including white papers and best practices, plus an extensive archive.
- AMA Marketer’s Toolkit, full of interactive templates, tools, and resources to help you in your job.
- Webcasts and Podcasts, get access to over 100 on-demand webcasts and podcasts on the latest marketing topics.
- AMA e-Newsletters, featuring in-depth, members-only content on the latest developments in marketing.
The chart below outlines the 2017 membership fees. Please note the costs are in USD, as your AMA membership provides international access to the entire suite of membership benefits & privileges.
||Chapter Fee (USD)
||Application Fee (USD)*|
|Group: 4 – 9 members||$ 215 per member||Included||Waived|
|Group: 10+ members||$ 190 per member||Included||Waived|
Available for 3 years immediately following completion of undergraduate degree
Contact our membership team directly at email@example.com