Seth Godin’s latest book, Purple Cow, is about transforming your business by being remarkable. Godin says that the key to success is to find a way to stand out – to be the purple cow in a field of monochrome Holsteins.
Our Purple Cow Panel at the May 22nd VISION Conference will analyze some Purple Cow campaigns, and address the how, what and why of each. Moderator Mike Rodenburgh (Vice President, Western Canada for Ipsos ASI) will also ask the panellists – Tim Hassed (Director of Online Customer Experience at TELUS) and Adrian Scott (President & Creative Director at Go2 Productions) – what they think the campaigns were intended to achieve, and if they think the campaigns were effective.
So you can get to know Mike, Tim and Adrian beforehand, here are some interesting facts about each of them:
Did you know…
- That Mike’s interests include playing squash, sailing and wine-tasting?
- That Mike’s Twitter (@Mike_Rodenburgh) profile includes “I specialize in ad research, father, husband, slave to my kids…”
- That Mike is on the Board of Directors as the Marketing Chair for the Vancouver Lawn, Tennis & Badminton Club?
- That Tim says his best job ever was working for New Zealand’slargest brewery, testing and marketing new products?
- That, based on his Tweets (@timhassed), it looks like Tim ran in last year’s Tough Mudder race in Whistler?
- That Tim was Senior Project Manager at Columbus Group before joining TELUS in 2006?
- That the marketing campaign that had the most impact on Adrian’s life was three simple words: “Just Do It”?
- That Adrian’s firm, Go 2 Productions, collaborated in an art installation at the 2013 Coachella Festival, a three-day arts and music festival?
- That Adrian (@Go2Prod_Adrian) writes music and collaborates on music with a buddy in Montreal?
Hear our Purple Cow Panel – and our other amazing speakers – at the BCAMA VISION Conference at The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver on Wednesday, May 22. Click here for more information. Time is running out, so buy your ticket now. Your ticket includes Speed Networking for Marketers and the first annual Penthouse Party!